Why the Proper Amount of Sleep is Important


            

            Sleep plays a critical rules in many aspects of our lives. Sleep is essential to our physical and mental well-being. A lack of sleep can result in various health problems including obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and heart disease. High schoolers should get around 8-10 hours of sleep a night. If they are getting less than the desired amount it can affect their mood, cognitive function, and even their overall quality of life. Sleep is important and everyone should try to get the proper amount of sleep in order to increase their overall health and well-being. 

Comments

  1. This is very insightful, Jonetta. Sleep is one of the most important things regarding health because it is what actually recharges us. From experience, I can say that I do not function well if I do not get enough sleep. Without sleep, I don't have the energy to exercise. I also make poor meal decisions. When I don't have enough sleep, I crave carbohydrates and wind up eating too many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very helpful, sleep is very important in our everyday lives and is what helps us to feel more energized and recharged. I noticed from experience that I feel a lot better in the mornings that I get at least 8 hours of sleep per night. Also I have experienced not feeling at my best when I do not get enough sleep. Sleep is very important and is definitely essential to our physical and mental health and well-being.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think maintaining a sleep schedule is always something I've struggled with , there always seems like there is something that is preventing me from going to sleep at the same time every night. I have recently been using the sleep app on my apple watch to track the hours and quality of sleep. Although it hasn't really gotten me to be consistent it has helped me figure out how much I am actually sleeping, this way i know when i should probably take the time to catch up on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sleep is extremely important. Having a good sleep schedule is really hard for me to maintain. Mainly because of the fact that some mornings I need to be up by 5 am and other mornings I don't have to be up until 9 am. It's hard to consistently go to bed at the same time when I'm getting up at such different times in the morning. I find myself taking a lot more naps during the days I have to be up early because I'm so exhausted from the lack of sleep I got the night before. Overall, I think the biggest step I need to take in fixing my sleep schedule would be going to bed earlier and trying to take fewer random naps throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having a good sleep schedule can impact how much sleep you get. Being a college student, i am constantly up late working on assignments. As an athlete, I always have to be up at 5am for morning practices. Getting that 8 hours of sleep can be a struggle somedays. I do take my fair share of naps because of them but getting a full nights rest is best.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment